Monday 11 May 2015

Completing womenswear


The problem with doing so many live briefs lately is I am beginning to feel like I have neglected my own project. The option of pitching a piece for the Vertical Gallery is something that I have thought about a lot lately, and although it would be great to do something different and larger scale with my work, I think that I don’t really have the time to dedicate to it, my context doesn’t really fit with large scale installation art, and I would rather focus on perfecting my own collections to show off my work to its best at the degree show.

My recent priority has been to finish my womenswear collection, as I have been busy painting motifs alongside preparing for Tatton. I have carried over three desgins from the last project as I felt they really reflected my concept, but I am also really pleased with how well my new designs fit in with the old ones. Scale has often been my weak point so this time around I have really pushed myself to think about layout, motif sizes and scale in general, which I feel has paid off as this collection looks much more varied and I can see it as wearable womenswear. My next aim is to take a similar approach with my scarf designs so that I make the most professional collections that I am able to.

 Selection of my womenswear prints

No comments:

Post a Comment